What are Folder Templates?
Folder Templates are a new CONQA product feature that allow users to add units of QA structure to their projects on demand in the CONQA App.
Units of QA structure can be any combination of folders and/or checklists, grouped together into one template that can be added into CONQA, making it quick and easy to build out projects, or parts of projects.
Why is this useful?
Do your projects generally follow the same structure? Do you have folders and/or checklists that you use repeatedly? If yes, you can build out new projects quickly and easily using Folder Templates.
Having the ability to do this immediately rather than needing to contact CONQA support for assistance will save your users time, and keep the momentum going in capturing good QA evidence.
Where can I find it?
Note: The creation and maintenance of Folder Templates can only be done by Account Admins, so first make sure you are enabled as an account admin. If in doubt, contact your Account Manager or the CONQA Support Team.
- Go to account.con.qa on your browser. Login if prompted, and select your CONQA account.
- In the blue header bar at the top of the page, select ‘Template Management’
Here you will land on the ‘Template Management’ page, which looks like this:
This is where you can add, edit and delete Folder & Project Templates. Make sure you have the 'Folder Templates' tab selected.
- Select the ‘Add Folder Template’ button
- Drag and drop your file on to the cloud icon, or click the cloud icon to select your Folder Template in the correct CSV or .xlsx format (more on this detailed below) and name your Folder Template
- Click ‘Save’ to save the Folder Template
- Your new Folder Template will now appear on the ‘Folder Templates’ Management page
- To add a Folder Template to your project, open your project in the CONQA app and select the +ADD button in the bottom right corner, then select Folder Template.
How to format a Folder Template in CSV/XLSX format
Note: Before you get started, download the example template by selecting the ‘Download example folder template’ button, circled in the screenshot below:
- Open a blank excel sheet and add the headers that need to exist on row 1. These are:
resource type addStep addPost Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 etc..
(it may be easier to copy and paste these from the example template)
- Each row represents a folder or checklist. In the type column (column B) you will specify whether you are adding a folder or a checklist. If you are adding a checklist, this will be specified to the left of the type in the resource column - the checklist name needs to exist within your account checklist library and must match names exactly (you can view your account library checklists by clicking the Download Checklists button on the Folder Template tab in CONQA)
- Ignore columns C & D. These should be left blank apart from the headers.
- From columns E going right, this is where you will specify the names of your folders/checklists. Folders and checklists within the same ‘tier’ will sit under each other. Folders and checklists that go tiers deeper will sit within the folder of the previous tier.
- In the example screenshot above, the Folder Template starts with a folder named ‘Bathroom’. Within the bathroom folder is a ‘QA - Rough In’ checklist of the same name. Below the Bathroom folder is a folder named ‘Lounge’. Within this folder is a ‘QA - Rough In’ checklist and a ‘QA - Fit Off’ checklist.
Here are a few simple ‘rules’ to follow that will help you format your Folder Templates correctly:
- Folder Templates must be created using the correct template structure (the headings along row 1 must always be included)
- They must always be uploaded in either CSV or xlsx format. If uploaded in xlsx format, ensure your folder template is on the first tab (xlsx is the default format produced for Microsoft Excel)
- Any checklist included in the folder template must exist on the Account Checklist Library and be referenced by name before the Folder Template is uploaded. If the checklist does not exist in the Account Library or is not referenced using the exact checklist name, you will be presented with an error message.
- You can find a full list of your checklists by clicking the Download Checklists button on the ‘Folder Templates’ tab within the Template Management page in CONQA, see screenshot below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.